Often when asked, sports people admit to forgetting to stretch and although most active sports people are very healthy and fit, they often suffer from shortened muscles. Overall, the harder you train, the tighter the body becomes.
- Injuries in sport are caused by structural and muscular imbalances.
- Muscular imbalances and structural irregularities do not fix themselves.
- Stopping training does not correct an imbalance.
- Strength develops flexibility safely.
- Yoga improves focus and awareness.
- Yoga helps to keep the nervous system calm.
- Yoga corrects and improves posture.
- Yoga helps to reduce injuries.
- Yoga brings a dynamism and lightness of being to your sport.
- Yoga helps you to work with your body rather than against it.
If you would like to find out more about what Yoga can do for you and your training please contact Aoife.
If you would like to arrange for a class or classes specific to your team or group please contact Aoife.